A portrait pendant of an 18th century woman wearing a large pink and black striped hat. It is made from printed fabric backed with pink felt and embroidered around the edges with silver thread. The image is from a 1780s fashion plate. The pendant measures approximately 1.25" x 1.75" (32mm x 43mm). $14.00.
Friday, June 24, 2016
Thursday, June 9, 2016
Tuesday, May 31, 2016
A beautiful art nouveau style red haired woman gathers purple flowers on this pendant. The pendant is made from printed fabric backed with lavender felt and embroidered around the edge with gold thread. The image is from and early 20th century postcard. The pendant measures approximately 1" x 1.75" (28mm x 43mm). A great gift for art nouveau lovers. $14.00.
Monday, May 9, 2016
Thursday, April 28, 2016
Thursday, April 14, 2016
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
A pendant of a beautiful art nouveau woman. The pendant is round with a brunette woman in profile. She wears an elaborate headdress. An Edwardian image from the early 20th century. The pendant is made from polymer clay. It measures approximately 1.25" x 1.25" (31mm x 31mm). $8.00.
Wednesday, March 30, 2016
Thursday, March 24, 2016
A regency era couple dance together on this oval shaped pendant. The lady wears a white dress and the gentleman wears a blue coat. Musicians play in the background. The pendant is made from polymer clay. The image is from an early 19th century illustration. The pendant measures approximately 1" x 2.25" (27mm x 45mm). A great gift for Jane Austen fans. $8.00.
Monday, March 21, 2016
Monday, March 14, 2016
A yellow and a blue bird fly past a tree on this pendant. Made from polymer clay. The image is from antique Japanese satsuma pottery. The pendant measures approximately 1.25" x 1.25" (31mm x 31mm). $8.00.
Sunday, March 6, 2016
Thursday, March 3, 2016
A brooch of a 1920s women. The brooch is made from polymer clay. The image is from a vintage illustration. The brooch measures approximately 1.25" x 1.75" (30mm x 44mm). It has a brass plated pin back. $10.00.
Monday, February 29, 2016
Thursday, February 25, 2016
On this pendant a pair of cranes stand between irises and other flowers with a blossoming tree in the background. The pendant is made from polymer clay. The image comes from 19th century Meiji era Japanese decorative art. The pendant measures approximately 1.5" x 1.5" (38mm x 38mm). $8.00.
Sunday, February 21, 2016
Family Photos from the 1930s. See the complete album at flickr.
My grandmother at Santa Cruz, Ca in the early 1930s.
Party at Lake Tahoe.
My grandmother liked horses and cowboy stuff.
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
A trio of felt sunflowers forms the centerpiece of this necklace. The flowers are yellow with gold centers that have been hand embroidered with gold thread. The centerpiece is strung on light yellow satin ribbon. The necklace is 40" (102 cm) long from end to end. The ribbon is 1/8" wide. The centerpiece measures approximately 4" x 2" (10cm x 5cm). A very bright and cheerful necklace. $18.00.
Sunday, February 14, 2016
Thursday, February 11, 2016
Sunday, February 7, 2016
Monday, February 1, 2016
Friday, January 29, 2016
Some stencil designs from a 1910s era magazine that I'm in working on scanning. The magazine is The Modern Priscilla June 1912.
Parrots. This one is my favorite.
Sunday, January 24, 2016
A pendant featuring an image of an owl flying at night with a castle in the background. The pendant is made from polymer clay. It is based on Victorian era aesthetic movement jewelry. The pendant measures approximately 1.5" x 1" (38mm x 27mm). $10.00.
Thursday, January 21, 2016
A page from my sketch book. At the top a tiny island in a lake, an idea for a painting. Then some copies of Victorian aesthetic movement jewelry designs including a crane and a kingfisher. At the bottom a couple of ideas for pendants.
Sunday, January 17, 2016
A pendant of an Edwardian woman wearing a blue dress and hat. It is made from polymer clay. The image is from a 1909 french fashion plate. The pendant measures approximately .5" x 2.5" (13mm x 64mm). $10.00.
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Family photos from the 1920s. You can see all of the photos at flickr.
My grandmother as a girl. I like the striped socks.
My grandmother with the family dog Lady.
At the Russian River.
Monday, January 11, 2016
A Japanese style eagle brooch in shades of gold. It is made from polymer clay. The brooch measures approximately 1.5" x 1.5" (35mm x 35mm). It has a brass plated pin back. $8.00.
Saturday, January 9, 2016
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Oval earrings with images of art nouveau style blue seahorses. Made from polymer clay with surgical steel ear wires. The earrings measure approximately .75" x 1" (18mm x 25mm). $8.00.
Sunday, January 3, 2016
1. Elisabeth Vigee LeBrun by Gita May
2. Oudrey's Painted Menagerie: Portraits of Exotic Animals in 18th Century France Edited by Mary Morton
3. Kimono: A Modern History by Terry Satsuki Milhaupt
4. Findings: The Material Culture of Needlework and Sewing by Mary C Beaudry
5. With Needle and Brush: Schoolgirl Embroidery from the Connecticut River Valley 1740 - 1840 - Carol & Stephen Huber, Susan Pschoelwer, Amy Kurtz Lansing
6. Blustockings Displayed: Portraiture, Performance and Patronage, 1730 - 1830 Edited by Elizabeth Eger
7. A Royal Experiment: The Private Life of King George III by Janice Hadlow
8. The Wicked Waltz and Other Scandalous Dances by Mark Knowles
9. Georgiana: Duchess of Devonshire by Amanda Foreman
10. The Making of the English Gardener by Margaret Willes
11. The Beau Monde by Hannah Greig
12. Policing the Victorian Town by David Taylor
13. Making Modern Japanese Style Painting by Chelsea Foxwell
14. London Clubland by Amy Milne-Smith
15. Charlotte and Leopold by James Chambers
16. Kyoto Gardens by Judith Clancy and Ben Simmons
17. Dirty Old London: The Victorian Fight Against Filth by Lee Jackson
18. The Highly Civilized Man: Richard Burton and the Victorian World by Dane Kennedy
19. Walking Jane Austen's London by Louise Allen
20. Setting the Desert on Fire: T. E. Lawrence and Britain's Secret War in Arabia, 1916 - 1918 by James Barr
Friday, January 1, 2016
A gold bird flies over lily pads on a silver background on this pendant. It is made from polymer clay. The pendant is based on Victorian aesthetic movement jewelry. It measures approximately 1.5" x 1.75" (35mm x 42mm). $14.00.